photo credit: www.chelejones.com
Piano lessons are geared towards the more serious student and require a regimented daily practice routine. Each student follows a customized course of study, tailored to the student’s individual strengths, challenges, and interests. Regardless of their musical preferences, the emphasis of instruction for each beginning pianist is on musical literacy. I believe that achieving this goal will easily set my students up for a blossoming relationship with music for the rest of their lives.
As each student progresses, they will be encouraged to participate first in studio recitals, and then, as they mature, in local festivals and competitions. Public performance is by no means a required component of the program, but it does give each student something to work towards and can provide a great sense of personal accomplishment.
Private piano lessons are weekly and 40 minutes in length. There are two studio recitals a year, a Spring and Fall recital.
Beginner Rate: $30/40 minute lesson
Intermediate Rate: $45/1 hour lesson
- Private lessons are taught out of my home studio in South Austin
- Focus is on building repertoire
- exploring musical styles from all major periods of Western music
- introduction to harmony at the keyboard
- ear training
- sight reading
- preparation for graded exams and/or college audition
Adult Lessons: $45/hour
- Each adult student designs his/her own customized course of study.
- Non-traditional keyboard instruction provided in various other genres such as jazz, blues, and rock.
- Lessons are on a weekly basis
- Method books may or may not be applicable
- Recitals are optional