At the Franklin Music Academy, the safety of our students and staff is our top priority. As of March 15th, the CDC recommends that locations should not occupy more than 50 persons at a time. President Trump takes it a step further and insists that groups should be no larger than 10. With that said, we will resume classes as of Monday, March 23rd as most of our classes are one-on-one private lessons. However, when new develops worsen in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we will resort to virtual lessons only.
NEW TEACHING METHODS
Behind-the-scenes, we have been perfecting online lesson plan procedures in case parents opt for the virtual experience sooner. More than ever, the demand for interaction and normalcy is extremely important for kids in these uncertain times and we want to make sure that we meet that need. Our goal is that we strive to make this experience as fun and seamless as possible for everybody involved.
We will be calling each family ensuring everyone has access to a portal for online lessons, lessons materials, communications, etc. While health and safety standards and procedures are followed on a daily basis, we wanted to make you aware of the extra precautions we’re taking to ensure everyone stays healthy during this time of heightened concern about COVID-19.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
▪ Closely monitoring daily updates and recommendations from the CDC.
▪ Greetings will be minimized to a head nod, smile, wave, or perhaps a combination.
▪ Sanitizing seats, piano keys, tables, and doorknobs after each lesson.
▪ Trained our staff in thorough and frequent hand-washing – fronts, backs, wrists, between fingers – with soap and water for at least twenty seconds each time.
▪ Supervised 20-second hand washing will be required for every student before lessons possibly accompanied by a lovely song.
▪ Employees have also been instructed to never come to work if they experience fever or any COVID-19 symptoms and we ask at this time that students and families do the same.
▪ If symptoms of illness are demonstrated by the student, we will advise that they stay home.
Please contact us if you have any further questions. You are our #1 priority, and we will do whatever it takes to make sure your experience at the Franklin Music Academy is a safe one. We hope to continue to deliver a solid service as we navigate these uncharted waters together. Thank you for your continued trust, loyalty and patience.